Frequently Asked Questions
What is the subscription fee?
The annual fee for any one Club, Charity or Enterprise that isn’t a State, Territory or National body with affiliate clubs or sub-entities is $3,000 plus GST per annum for a three year subscription through the Club Governance required payment method. Each year on the anniversary of your subscription, a payment of $3,000 plus GST per annum will be debited and you will receive a receipt for the service.
This entitles all your Board members to unlimited access for 36 months to all the training modules plus 24/7 support. At the end of the three year subscription, of course you may elect to sign up for a further term and we will be in contact with you as the subscription comes to an end.
The three year term allows access to updates in legislation, new additional modules and access for any new Board members not there in the past year as well as past Board members.
Can a State body enrol in the package of training?
Yes, your State governing body for all Clubs, Sub-Branches or Affiliates in your sector can purchase the package for a bulk fee and either resell to individual affiliated sub-entities or give it to them. This includes the whole site being labelled in the name of that State Body, but it is only to be made available to member affiliates under your State body. Enquire about fees for this option. Your governing body may be called a Board of Directors or a Management Committee, but the training applies to both.
What support is available?
If there are any technical issues with your online learning simply contact us 24/7 and we will have our technical support team attend to the issue at no cost. If any Board member has any questions from the training modules, they can email us and we will answer their query at anytime in support of their learning.
Is Accreditation available?
There is no recognition or accreditation for completing the full set of training modules, but we can provide a letter or certificate to any Board member confirming they have done so, and they request it. In order to keep our fees low we are not able to provide any accreditation but know that it has been provided by two of the most experienced Club Governance professionals.
What is the content of the modules?
The whole program includes 15 modules of about 15 minutes duration each, all with video presentations and Power Point slides for notes to keep. You can watch the modules in any order you wish with the aim to complete all of them within 12 months or sooner. We suggest the whole Board schedules a module to watch together after each Board meeting, but they can be seen by any individual online at home.
What are the subjects covered?
We have selected 15 topics we know are most relevant to helping Board members understand all the issues they must deal with on a Club Board. This based on our dee understanding of the important matters that Club Boards face. These include such training as:
- What is governance? Roles and responsibilities of directors and Committee / Board – board versus volunteer versus employee role.
- Corporate structures Mutual v NFP v Charity & Specific legislation relevant to a not-for-profit, ACNC, Department of Fair Trading as regulators.
- The Constitution, By-laws, the Boards, members, stakeholders.
- Board meetings, board papers, minutes, decision making.
- Untenable positions for directors, discipline matters, due process, procedural fairness.
- Confidentiality and misuse of position and information.
- Conflict of interest.
- Planning – long term and short term, budgeting, forecasts (including strategic planning).
- Risk management (including fraud), dealing with a catastrophe (including media and reputational damage).
- Specific areas for review:
- Sexual harassment
- Work health and safety
- Developing policy.
- Financial governance and insolvency.
- Recruiting for the Board, CEO relationship management.
- Directors’ professional development.
- Gaming, liquor and food operations, AML-CTF.
How do we pay for an annual subscription?
A State body or individual Club or Affiliate can pay by EFT or credit card via Pay Pal online via our secure payment portal. Once the fee is paid you will have access to all the training modules for all the Board members for the term of the supply arrangement via our e-learning platform.
You will be sent a renewal receipt each year and at the end of the subscription term, we will send an option to renew for a further term.
The fee is not cancellable or refundable during any subscription period. The modules are protected from sharing outside your Board by password access we monitor and copying for any other party.